Home » Delta State University Policies » University Policies » Procurement » Equipment Classification
All equipment must be classified using university guidelines.
PROCEDURES and RESPONSIBILITIES
An item must fall under one of the following guidelines for classification as equipment:
· An item has an acquisition cost of $500.00 or more.
Regardless of the acquisition cost, the following items are classified as equipment:
· Cameras and camera equipment
· Tape recorders
· 2-Way Radio Equipment
· Dictating equipment
· Appliances (includes refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, stoves, microwave ovens, etc.)
· Lawn maintenance equipment
· Sterling silver
· Cellular phones
· Major Computer Components (CPU’s, Printers)
· Air compressors
· Welding machines
· Motorized vehicles
If there are any questions regarding the classification of an item as equipment, the Property Officer should be contacted for assistance in the determination.
Section 29-9-1 thru 29-9-21, Mississippi Code of 1972, Annotated