Compensation Adjustment for Promotions and Doctorates – Faculty
The process of awarding promotion signifies excellence in the various roles of the professoriate that are central to the role and mission of the university. In recognition of their accomplishments, the base salary of each person will be adjusted to reflect the following:
Promotion to the rank of Professor…………………………… base salary increase of $6,000
Promotion to the rank of Associate Professor………………. base salary increase of $4,000
- Appointment in a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor effective upon receipt of appropriate documentation from the awarding institution
- Negotiation of a base salary consistent with that of other entering Assistant Professors with like credentials and qualifications
- Negotiated salary increase will become effective with the next budget year following the award of the degree. If degree requirements are met between July 1st and September 1st of the current fiscal year, then the salary increase will be effective September 1st. Faculty who expect to complete the degree requirements between July 1st and September 1st, must notify their respective department head(s) so funds can be budgeted.
- If funding for a salary increase is to be provided by:
- the University, the College/School Dean must request those funds through the budget request cycle for the year in which the funds will be awarded to the faculty member.
- the College/School, the funds must be reallocated to the appropriate line during the budget development process.