| Circulation of Government Documents
The Government Documents collection is located in the Reference area, and includes:
- Documents which have not been cataloged and are not barcoded;
- Documents which have been cataloged and are searchable through the online catalog. These items have a printed label and a barcode. Documents which are barcoded but do not circulate are stamped "This item does not circulate."
Check Out Policy:
- The circulation period for Government Documents (those that can be checked-out) is seven (7) days. Reference librarians hold the authority to determine which documents may circulate and which do not.
- For Documents that are barcoded and are not stamped "This item does not circulate,"
the student or faculty member does not need the approval of a Reference Librarian. He or she should take the Document to the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- For Documents that do not have a barcode, the faculty or student first must obtain approval from a Reference Librarian. A Government Documents Check-Out Form must be completed at the Reference Desk. Upon completion of the form, he/she should take the Document AND the Check-Out Form to the Circulation Desk for checkout through the SIRSI system.
- Forms are located at the Reference desk and must be filled out accurately and legibly. A completed form must contain (a) the information needed for contacting the person in the event the document is kept past the due date and (b) the signature of the librarian who approves the circulation of the item.
- Because of our depository status, the Library is obligated to check-out those Government Documents which have circulating status to any adult (18 years or older) who requests to borrow the item(s). For any person who does not have faculty, student, Dancing Rabbit, Friends, alumni or other accepted borrowing privileges of Roberts-LaForge Library, the following policy applies:
- The circulation of ALL items (both barcoded and non-barcoded) must be approved by a Reference Librarian.
- A Government Douments Check-Out Form must be completed for ALL items
(both barcoded and non-barcoded).
- Special borrowers must present a Driver's License or other acceptable
identification (employment picture ID) to the Reference Librarian at the time of check-out.
- These special borrowers are limited to checking out two (2) items at a time.
- The borrower should take the Document, along with the completed and approved
Check-Out Form, to the Circulation Desk for check-out. The Circulation staff will follow approved procedures in checking out materials.
- It is the responsibility of the Circulation Department to notify the Government Documents Librarian of overdue items checked out by special borrowers.
- It is the responsibility of the Government Documents Librarian to contact special borrowers who have the materials overdue.
- The Circulation Department will send overdue notices and invoices to patrons who are registered in the library system and whose overdue notices and invoices are generated by the system.
Maintained by Library Services.