|The Center for Community and Economic Development has two facilities available for reservation: a classroom and a conference room.
Contact Linda N. Stringfellow at (662) 846-4332 to check availability of the facility.
When use of the facility is confirmed, a reservation form will be forwarded requesting date, time, estimated attendance, etc. This form should be returned as soon as possible, but no later than five (5) days prior to the event. Should you decide to cancel the reservation, you are requested to do so within three (3) days of the scheduled event.
Reservation forms must be received by the Center in order to reserve the facility for the event. There is no guarantee of room reservation until the proper reservation paperwork is received.
The classroom holds a maximum of 60 people, and the conference room can hold up to 20 people maximum.
Classroom $150 per day
Conference Room $100 per day
Fees may be decreased if room reservations are not for a full day. Please contact Linda to inquire about a lesser fee.
Although deposits are not required, you may elect to pay the invoice in full prior to the event(s). You will receive an invoice upon receipt of the reservation form(s).
Rules and Regulations
- This is a non-smoking facility.
- There is to be no parking in the fire lane.
- There is to be no triple-parking (three consecutive parking rows, blocking in the middle vehicles).
- Copies and faxes are not available through the Center.
- The visiting party is responsible for supplying all equipment and supplies needed for their event including making arrangements for delivery/pick-up of those items as well as food.
- There is to be NO tape or adhesive substance attached to the walls.
Items, posters, signs, etc. are not to be nailed, tacked, glued, or taped to the walls or woodwork.
- No furniture or pictures are to be moved from one room to another without permission.
- Please remain professional while visiting our facilities.
- Problems/issues with the facility should to be reported to Dr. Leslie E. Green-Pimentel, the Center’s Director, immediately.
- Rooms are to be left clean and orderly after event is complete.
- Visitor is responsible for obtaining an exterior key (from Linda) and locking up the building if the meeting extends beyond normal hours of operation.
- The visitor is responsible for making arrangements for any food/refreshments that will be served.
- The caterer/visitor must provide everything except tables and chairs.
- No cooking or serving utensils are available and will not be provided.
Equipment and Supplies
The Center provides tables and chairs only. The visiting party must supply all other needed supplies, including television, VCR, and audio-visual equipment as well are extension cords and other accessories.
When meetings are scheduled during working hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), please be considerate, as Center staff will be conducting business. All evening functions are to be scheduled so that clean-up and check-out can be completed no later than 9:00 p.m. Events that last later than 9:00 p.m. must be approved by the Director of the Center for Community and Economic Development.
Clean-up After Event
The building should be left clean, just as you found it (with the exception of vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping). All tables and chairs should be cleaned; garbage should be sacked and placed at the rear door (located near vending machines). DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR AS THE ALARM WILL SOUND.