Degree Requirements. A candidate for the Master of Science in Sports and Human Performance is required to:
1. Fulfill the general requirements for a graduate degree at Delta State University.
2. Complete graduate work consisting of core courses, major field concentration hours and elective hours as specified. At leas one half of major field courses must be at 600-level or higher.
3. Earn a grade point average of at least 3.0 in the major field concentration and overall.
4. Earn a B average on the degree core courses (PER 601, 602, 611, 638, and ELR 605).
5. Pass an oral and/or written examination in the candidate's major concentration administered by a committee appointed by the division chair.
6. Optional. With the consent of the advisor, a candidate may elect to write a thesis for 6 semester hours credit in the major field.