Degree Requirements. A candidate for the Master of Education in Secondary Education is required to meet the following:
1. Fulfill the general requirements for a graduate degree at Delta State University.
2. Complete graduate work consisting of core courses, major field hours and elective hours as specified.
3. Earn a grade point average of at least 3.0 in the major field and overall.
4. Earn a grade of B or higher on each of the education core courses (ELR 605, EPY 601, and CUR 608).
5. Pass an oral and/or written exam in the candidate's major field administered by a committee appointed by the division chair. This is not required in the Visual and Performing Arts track with an Art emphasis.
6. Optional. With the consent of the advisor, a candidate may elect to write a thesis for 6 semester hours credit in the major field. This is not an option in the Arts or Social Science (NCATE option) tracks.
Visual and Performing Arts (Art Emphasis) and Social Sciences (NCATE option):
Completion of a teaching portfolio