Determination of Employee Financial Responsibility for Equipment
University procedures will be followed to determine an employee’s financial responsibility for lost or stolen equipment.
PROCEDURES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The policy and procedures regarding the determination of financial responsibility of DSU equipment items assigned to DSU employees are as follows:
· Upon the loss or theft of an equipment item assigned to an employee, the procedures found in the policy on “Reporting Lost or Stolen Equipment” section regarding the completion of a property affidavit and an offense report should be followed.
· If the loss or theft is determined by the DSU Salvage committee to be willful negligence on the part of the employee, the Committee will make the recommendation to the Vice President for Finance for recovery of the funds for the value of the equipment item. A letter from the Property Control Office will be issued to the department head to recover the funds for the value of the equipment item.
· The property affidavit and related documents will not be routed for approval until the funds are recovered and deposited.
· If the funds are not recovered for the missing equipment item within fifteen (15) days, action will be taken to recover the funds through a payroll deduction of the employee's paycheck.
· Once the funds are recovered the Property Officer will take the appropriate action for institutional approval of the Lost or Stolen Property Affidavit.