Information Provider/ Manager Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Information Manager
- Attend training sessions
Information providers/ managers are required to attend training sessions provided to instruct them in the use of web page creation and maintenance tools.
- Become familiar with DSU's publication policies
Information providers/ managers should be familiar with University policies regarding confidentiality of records, nondiscrimination, harassment, use of University property, and intellectual property rights.
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness of content
University units that create web pages are accountable for the information they publish. The unit's content provider is charged with maintaining standards of clarity, accuracy, and timeliness. Web pages should be reviewed at least quarterly and updated as necessary.
- Notify OIT if there is a change in provider
When the management of an official web page is transferred to a new individual, OIT must be notified in writing before the new information provider/ manager assumes this responsibility. The change in information provider/ manager should be reflected on each affected web page.
- Submit to OIT the completed Information Provider/ Manager Contract.
- Test all links and correct any broken or dead links before publishing.
- Spell-Check and proof read all documents before publishing.
- Ensure that all electronic pages are consistent with the policies of Delta State University and the Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning as well as all local, state, and federal laws.
Responsibilities of the Information Provider and Content Approver
- Coordinate within the unit the gathering of information for internet publication.
- Decide how the information will be organized within the site.
- Decide within the unit how often information is going to change. *Quarterly updates are required.
- Integrate Internet publishing into the unit's publication cycle.
- Convert information from its current form to the appropriate publishing format.
- Verify that your unit's information is up-to-date on the Internet.
- Approve changes to unit's webpage and publish those pages.