Delta State’s “Biggest Loser” Patrick House Comes to Campus

By October 22, 2010General

Patrick House Patrick House, a 2005 graduate of Delta State University and contestant on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” will visit Cleveland and Delta State University Monday, Oct. 25 through Wednesday, Oct. 27.  House is participating in season 10 of “The Biggest Loser” which features the theme, "Paying it Forward." The Vicksburg native is doing just that by helping to raise awareness about the dangers of obesity and sharing the wealth of knowledge he has gained from participating on the show.

A former Delta State offensive lineman, House suffered a back injury requiring surgery that ended his football career. Without the constant training, he became overweight.

The 6-foot-2 House weighed in at 415 pounds when filming began but has trimmed down considerably throughout the competition.

“Being on ‘The Biggest Loser’ has changed my life and the lives of my family,” said House.  “I look forward to coming back to my alma mater to share my story with the Delta State student body and creating more awareness about living a healthy and active lifestyle. I consider Delta State University my home away from home.”

The public is invited to join House and participate in numerous activities during his visit. The schedule is:

MONDAY, OCTOBER 25
6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. “Hey Coach at Hey Joe’s” – Hey Joe’s

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26
8 a.m. – Noon  Workout With Patrick – Fitness Center/ Wyatt Gym
Noon – 1 p.m.  Have Lunch With Patrick – Young Mauldin Cafeteria
6:15 p.m. – Until   Biggest Loser on NBC, Come watch with Patrick – 2nd Floor East Lobby, Nowell Student Union

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27
7:15 a.m.  Walk A Mile With Delta State’s Biggest Loser Community Walk – Delta State Fitness Trail

House’s visit is hosted by the Delta State Alumni Association in cooperation with the Delta State University Healthy Campus/Community Initiative.

For more information, contact Jeffrey Farris at 662-846-4794.