After many months of long hours and hard work, the new Delta State University website has been launched. The Web Oversight Committee has done an amazing job going through hundreds of pages and working with departments to prepare for this launch.
DSU’s Web Oversight Committee was created in an effort to represent the interests of the many units that rely on web-based communications. The Web Oversight Committee guided the creation and implementation of the University’s new Web strategy.
During the 2004-2005 academic year, the Committee was charged with recommending policies, establishing priorities and making changes to the University’s website. The goal of the committee was to work with Sungard Collegis to implement content management techniques and to completely redesign the website. The redesign was to include revised navigation, new design (look and feel), and refreshed content.
Some of the advancements with the new website include:
- A content management system, Site Builder Toolkit, implemented by the Office of Information Technology, which is in full operation and has been working very well.
- Each Department has the ability to maintain their own site through a designated “information manager”.
- The use of a “global” DSU Calendar for both Academic and University events.
- Quick Links which make departments, critical to the University mission easier to find.
- Portal Pages targeted to specific audience groups so that they may find information specific to them at a glance.
The Web Oversight Committee would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the students, faculty, staff and alumni who assisted in this project for all of their support and hard work. The new site has really shaped up well and will be an awesome “window to the world” for the University.
Julie Jackson, Chair
Web Oversight Committee