Voluntary Indemnity Plan
AFLAC Worldwide Headquarters
1932 Wynnton Road
Columbus, GA 31999
The Voluntary Indemnity Plan is a hospital confinement indemnity policy that consists of a Hospital Confinement benefit payable when a covered person is charged for required hospital confinement. This plan is offered by AFLAC.
- Hospital Confinement Benefit: AFLAC will pay the amount shown when a covered person is hospitalized for 14 or more hours for a covered sickness or injury. There is no lifetime maximum.
$100 per day for Days 1 through 7
$200 per day for Days 8 through 30
$400 per day for Days 31 through 180
Treatment or confinement in a U.S. government hospital does not require a charge for benefits to be payable. Hospital Confinement and Rehabilitation Unit Benefits are not payable on the same day. The highest eligible benefit will be paid.
- Short Stay Benefit: AFLAC will pay $100 when a covered person is charged for a bed due to a medically necessary confinement in a hospital for a period of at least six but less than 14 hours and is not eligible for any other benefit in the policy. This benefit is not payable for confinement or treatment in an emergency room and is payable only once per 24-hour period. No lifetime maximum.
- Surgical Benefit: AFLAC will pay $50 to $1,000 when a covered person has surgery performed for a covered sickness or injury in a hospital or ambulatory surgical center. Surgical benefits are not payable for surgery performed in a doctor or dentist’s office, clinic or other such location. No lifetime maximum.
- Ambulance Benefit: AFLAC will pay $100 for ground ambulance and $1,000 for air ambulance if a covered person requires transportation by a licensed professional ambulance service to or from a hospital.
- Wellness Benefit: After 12 months of paid premium, AFLAC will pay $50 for you or any one family member to undergo routine examinations or other preventive testing following each anniversary of the policy effective date. There is no lifetime maximum.
- Heart Attack, Stoke, Coma and Paralysis Benefit – $2,000/$1,000:
AFLAC will pay $2,000 the first time a covered person is diagnosed as having had any one of the following, whichever occurs first: heart attack, stroke, coma for at least seven days, or paralysis for at least 30 days. AFLAC will pay this benefit once per covered person. Lifetime maximum of $2,000 per covered person.
AFLAC will pay $1,000 when a covered person is later diagnosed as having any one of the following, whichever occurs first: heart attack, stroke, coma or paralysis must occur more than 180 days after the above benefit becomes payable. This $1,000 benefit will again become payable for a diagnosis occurring more than 180 days after it was paid. The heart attack, stroke, coma or paralysis must occur while coverage is in force and is subject to a 30-day waiting period. No lifetime maximum.
Rehabilitation Unit Benefit: AFLAC will pay $100 per day when a covered person is charged for confinement in a hospital and is transferred to a bed in a rehabilitation unit of a hospital for a covered sickness or injury. This benefit is payable up to 15 days per covered person per period of hospital confinement and is limited to 30 days per calendar year. No lifetime maximum.
Voluntary Indemnity Rates
Individual with $250.00
Individual with $500.00
One-Parent Family with $250.00
One- Parent Family with $500.00
Husband and Wife Only with $250.00
Husband and Wife Only with $500.00
Family with $250.00
Family with $500.00
This page is maintained by Lisa Giger. Send questions and comments regarding this site to firstname.lastname@example.org