Human Resource Department
Human Resources serves DSU faculty, administrators, and professional and support staff employees.
The mission of the Human Resources Department is to formulate human resource policies and programs that enhance the quality of academic and administrative work environments; to collaborate with academic and administrative departments in supporting effective recruitment and development of a highly qualified faculty and staff workforce; and to be a strategic partner in creating a work environment which fosters individual achievement, teamwork, integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
For more information contact the Human Resources Department:
Delta State University, Human Resources
Kent Wyatt Hall 247, Cleveland, MS 38733
Phone: 662-846-4035, Fax: 662-846-4025
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national orgin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.
- Effective January 1, 2013, Delta Dental will be our new dental provider. Human Resources has transferred coverages to the new carrier.
- Effective May 1, 2012, DSU will only accept applications on-line through our on-line job posting and applicant tracking system.
- Health Quotient No Longer Required; The Health Quotient Survey is no longer required in order to receive wellness benefits. The survey is still available on the Department of Finance and Administration Web site; however, employees are not required to complete the survey. For more information, visit the Know Your Benefits website at: http://knowyourbenefits.dfa.state.ms.us/
- DSU’s new cafeteria plan administrator – Southern Administrators and Benefit Consultants. Click here to view the instructions on how to enroll in the Section 125 cafeteria plan on-line.
- State and School Employees’ Health Insurance Plan: On-line Explanation of Benefits
- Effective February 1, 2011, the State Health Plan went live with a secure portal that allows participants to access personal information about healthcare claims and benefit information. The myBlue website provides access to Explanation of Benefits (EOB), ordering an identification card, and links to health plan information. The attached memo and poster provide instructions for creating an account on the secure site.
- To complete your Health Risk Assessment (Health Quotient), please click here.
- New Recruitment and Hiring Guidelines Toolkit
Job postings remain open a minimum of five calendar days. Job postings that do not include closing dates, may close at any time of the day once the minimum posting period is met and by mutual agreement between Human Resources and the hiring department. DSU’s online application portal allows 24/7 access to DSU jobs.
Send questions and comments regarding this site to Lisa Giger
Last modified: January 22, 2013