- Ed.D. Delta State University, Professional Studies: Elementary Education (2013)
- Ed.S. Delta State University, Elementary Education (2008)
- M.Ed. Delta State University, Elementary Education (2006)
- B.S.E. Delta State University, Elementary Education (2004)
- CEL 300: Human Growth and Development
- CEL 314: Early Literacy I
- CEL 315: Early Literacy II
- CEL 318: Principles and Techniques of Teaching in the Middle Grades
- CEL 318-C70 (HINDS): Principles and Techniques of Teaching in the Middle Grades
- CEL 336: Survey of Social Studies
- CEL 496: Directed Teaching Internship
- CML 332: Children’s Literature
- CRD 325-C70 (HINDS): Reading in the Intermediate and Secondary Schools
- CRD 326: Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading Difficulties
- CRD 492: Special Topics in Reading Education
- CEL 611: Classroom Management
CEL 618: Curriculum Theory Development and Revision in the Elementary School
CEL 621: Education in the Intermediate Grades
CEL 630: Practicum in Elementary Education
CRD 624: Literacy Instruction in the Elementary Schools
- CEL 611: Classroom Management
- Classroom management
- Young Adolescents
- Van Namen, M., Powers, A., Watkins, T., et. al. (2014). Brains at Work: Building and Organizing Knowledge through Virtual Experiences and Thinking Maps. Presented at the Mississippi Reading Association annual conference. Biloxi, MS
- Van Namen, M., Powers, A., et. al. (2013). Student College Panel. Presented by Delta State University and Tougaloo College teacher candidates. Future Educators Association state conference. Jackson, MS.
- Van Namen, M. Thomas, Thomas, D. Powers, A, & DSU Teacher Candidates (2013). Staying Afloat on the Literacy Lifeboat. Presented at the Mississippi Reading Association annual conference. Vicksburg, MS
- Van Namen, M., Snow, C. & Powers, A. (2012). Thinking Maps for Diverse Learners. Paper presented at the Mid-South Educational Research Association conference. Lexington, KY.
- Van Namen, M., et al. (2012). Effective Planning, Instruction, and Assessment. Presented at the Future Educators Association National Conference. Baltimore, MD.
- Cummins, C., Powers, A., & Van Namen, M. (2011). Passive to active: Transforming the traditional teacher education classroom. Presented at the American Council for Rural Special Education national conference. Albuquerque, NM.
- Van Namen, M. (2011). Differentiated Instruction. Presented at the Content Area Reading Strategies session for the cohort of community teachers. Cleveland, MS.
- Van Namen, M. (2011). Differentiated Instruction. Presented to faculty and staff of Central Holmes Christian School. Lexington, MS.
- Van Namen, M. (2010). Effective lesson planning. Humphreys County Professional Development Institute. Belzoni, MS.
- Barnes, L., Powers, A. & Van Namen, M. (2010). Yikes! I wasn’t trained to be a health teacher! Mississippi Association for Middle Level Education state Conference. Natchez, MS.
- Barnes, L., Powers, A. & Van Namen, M. (2009). Content area reading strategies, Mississippi Association for Developmental Education. Jackson, MS
- Van Namen, M. (2007).Teacher Support Team/ Response to Intervention. B. L. Elementary faculty. Boyle, MS
- Van Namen, M. (2007). AIMSWeb training. B. L. Bell Elementary faculty. Boyle, MS
- Hayes, L. & Van Namen, M. (2006). MCT testing strategies. B. L. Bell Elementary. Boyle, MS.
- Van Namen, M. (2006). Student Progress Monitoring System (SPMS) training. Cleveland School District. Cleveland, MS
- Hayes, L. & Van Namen, M. (2005). Effective classroom teaching strategies. B. L. Bell Elementary. Boyle, MS.
- Van Namen, M. (2005). Vocabulary development B. L. Bell Elementary. Boyle, MS.
- Scholarship & Publications
- Van Namen, M. (2013). An Analysis of Praxis I Scores, GPA, CBASE Scores, Praxis II Scores, and TIAI Scores in a Mississippi Teacher Preparation Program. Dissertation. Delta State University.
- Van Namen, M. (2013). Three Dimensional Students: Getting to Know you. Middle Ground. Association of Middle Level Education.
- Van Namen, M. (2012). Signs and symptoms: Understanding and identifying child maltreatment. Classroom Tips. PDK International Family of Associations.
- Van Namen, M. (2012).Use Scaffolding to Build a Better First Year. ASCD Express.
- Reviewed two chapters of Child and Adolescent Development in Your Classroom by Bergin and Bergin. (2012)
- Literacy Across the Curriculum Institute. Director for 2015-2016. Mississippi Department of Education.
- Mississippi Reading Association (Board Member, Student Membership)
- Kappa Delta Pi
- National Association for Middle Level Education
- Mississippi Association for Middle Level Education
- Mississippi Professional Educators
- Mississippi Early Childhood Association
- Future Educators Association
- Association for School Curriculum Development
- International Reading Association
- Educating young children
- Spending time with family/two sons
- Junior Auxiliary of Cleveland, MS
- Church of Christ