- Ph.D. University of Mississippi, Educational Leadership (2011)
- M.Ed. University of Mississippi, Educational Administration (1989)
- B.S.E. Delta State University (1982)
- EDAD 585 Fundamentals of School Administration
- EDAD 588 Allocations of School Resources (School Finance)
- EDAD 642 Leveraging Community Systems and Resources
- EDAD 643 Securing and Developing Staff
- EDAD 644 Creating Organizational Structures and Operations
- EDAD 645 Practicing the Principalship
- EDAD 677 Legal Issues for Professional Educators (School Law)
- EDAD 682 School and Community Relations
- EDAD 696 Advanced Organizational Theory
- EDLD 671 Leading Quality Instruction
- EDLD 694 Human Resource Development
- EDLD 700 Advanced Administrative Theory
- Educational Administration
- School Finance
- School Law
- Putnam, M.L., Bunch, D., & Cabrera, J. (2015). Mississippi: One State’s Search for Equity in School Finance, SageOpen
- Putnam, M.L., (February 1, 2015) Mississippi Education and Kentucky Education: Walking a Common Path, The Clarion Ledger.
- Keaster, R. & Putnam, M.L. (2013) School Shopping, Academic Publications, New York.
- Putnam, M.L. (2013) Beowulf and Parties (Currently under review with SageOpen)
- Putnam, M.L. (2008). Miracle in Caledonia, Mississippi Educator, 34(4), 6-7.
Other Professional Experiences
- Putnam, M.L. & Bunch, D. (2011, September) Equity of School Finance in Mississippi: Does It Actually Exist? Consortium for Research on Educational Accountability & Teacher Evaluation (CREATE), Oxford, Mississippi.
- Putnam, M.L. (2008, June) School Disaster Preparedness: Lessons Learned, Annual State Convention of the Mississippi Emergency Management Association (MEMA), Jackson, Mississippi.
- Putnam, M.L., (Spring 2008) Effects of Disaster, Rotary Club, Columbus, MS.
- Putnam, M.L., (June, 2008) How to Handle a Crisis, Columbus Air Force Base Officer’s Association, Columbus, MS.
- Putnam, M.L., (July, 2008) Lessons Learned, “Seven Man” Supper Club, Columbus, MS.
- Workshops Attended
- Charter Schools in Texas, National Education Finance Conference, 2013
- Navigating Today’s Educational Environment, Western Kentucky University, 2012
- The Culture of Poverty, Ruby Payne, 2008
- The Monroe Doctrine: Educating Children from Diverse Backgrounds, Lorraine Monroe, 2006