- Ph.D. in 19th & 20th c. American literature, University of Mississippi
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing – Poetry, Bowling Green State University
- B.A. in English with teacher licensure, Methodist University
- A.A. in Liberal Arts, Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Professional Issues in English Education
- Methods of Teaching Literature
- Methods of Teaching Writing
- Teaching Language Arts in Secondary Schools
- Senior Seminar in English Education
- American Literature Since the Civil War
- Introduction to Literature
- English Composition
- “On Choosing Childlessness.” Moon City Review, Spring 2013, p. 183.
- “A Different Kind of Truth,” Creative Nonfiction, Summer, vol. 42, 2011.
- “Nothing But the Kitchen Sink.” Sunrise from Blue Thunder Anthology, edited by Millicent Borges Accardi, Pirene’s Fountain, 2011.
- Review of On the Divide: The Many Lives of Willa Cather, by David Porter. Resources for American Literary Study, vol. 33, 2010.
- Review of Carta Marina, by Ann Fisher-Wirth. Emprise Review, May 2010.
- Selected Poems. The Next of Us is About to Be Born, edited by Maggie Anderson, Kent State University Press, 2009.
- “‘At the Center of her Mystery’: Willa Cather and Sexual Trauma.” Violence, the Arts, and Willa Cather, edited by Joseph R. Urgo and Merrill Maguire Skaggs, Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2007, pp. 137-148.
- Twenty Questions for Robbie Dunkle. Kent State University Press, 2004.