- Ed.D. University of Mississippi, Curriculum & Instruction (2010)
- M.S. Delta State University, Social Science (2005)
- B.S. University of Memphis, Child Development (2003)
- Doctoral Seminar
- Teaching in Higher Education
- Measurement & Evaluation in Physical Education
- Methods of Educational Research & Statistics
- Research for Educational Practitioners
- Educational Research Design
- Statistics for Educational Research
- Educational Research Writing
- Dissertation Seminar
- Differentiated Instruction
- Senior Practicum
- The Art of Language
- Student Teaching
- Early Literacy I
- Early Literacy II
- Dr. Craven’s scholarly interests are multifarious and emanate from the sociology of education as well as the social contexts of education and mixed-research methodologies. She has conducted research with diverse populations in elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schools throughout Mississippi for more than ten years and is most interested in researchers’ fidelity to ethical practices and implementation.
- Dr. Craven regularly reviews articles and abstracts for Action in Teacher Education & the Delta Journal of Education, AERA divisions B, D, & G, MSERA, and Sage Publications. She has presented work at AERA, IRA (formerly LRA), CREATE, NSF-JAM, and MSERA among others, and now evaluates the DSU doctoral program as program coordinator.
- Dr. Craven is an avid reader who loves learning about & practicing comprehensive holistic wellness in a variety of formats. She is fascinated by all facets of the human condition, potential, and development throughout the lifespan.