- Ph.D. University at Albany, SUNY
- M.S. University at Albany, SUNY
- B.S. University at Albany, SUNY
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Number Systems of Arithmetic
- Math Through Problem Solving
- Methods of Teaching Secondary Mathematics
- Directed Student Teaching
- Beliefs, practices, and tools that contribute to Mathematics Teacher Effectiveness
- Large-scale Data Analysis
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Bondurant, S., McKinney, T., Bondurant, L., Fitzpatrick, L. (2019, October). Evaluation of a Benzalkonium Chloride Hand Sanitizer in Reducing Transient Staphylococcus aureus Bacterial Skin Contamination in Health Care Workers. American Journal of Infection Control. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2019.08.030
- Bondurant, L. (2018, May). A-Maize-ing Mathematics. Mathematics Teacher, 540-544. https://www.nctm.org/Publications/Mathematics-Teacher/2018/Vol111/Issue7/A-Maize-ing-Mathematics/
- Cope, L. (2017, February). Media Clips: Pizza Options. Mathematics Teacher, 108-110. https://www.nctm.org/Publications/Mathematics-Teacher/2017/Vol110/Issue6/Pizza-Options/
- Cope, L., Huber, J. (2015). The Impact of a Professional Development Program on Middle School Math Teachers’ Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Delta Journal of Education, Fall 2015.
- Cope, L. (2015). Math Manipulatives: Making the Abstract Tangible. Delta Journal of Education, Spring 2015. http://www.deltastate.edu/PDFFiles/DJE/spring-2015/dje_spring_2015_cope-final.pdf
- Cope, L. (2014). Task Analysis and Implementation Activities as Vehicles for Middle School Math Teacher Growth. Delta Journal of Education, Fall 2014.
- Cope, L., Bussiere, K. (2014). Teachers’ perceptions of the characteristics of an ideal coach. Delta Journal of Education. Spring 2014.
- Cope, L. (2013). The impact of teachers’ characteristics and self-reported emphasis on standards based mathematics practices on students’ algebra achievement. Delta Journal of Education, Fall 2013. http://www.deltastate.edu/PDFFiles/DJE/final-cope-f2013.pdf
Service to the Discipline
- President (2018-2020) of the Mississippi Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators