The M.Ed. in Special Education is a 30–33 hour program that prepares general education and special education teachers to work as a team to effectively teach children with mild disabilities in inclusive K–12 settings. Candidates are required to complete an internship in an inclusive special education setting. Additional coursework for an endorsement in severe disabilities is available.
Are you in?
Students must meet the following requirements to be admitted to the Special Education program.
- Undergraduate degree in any field of study (does not have to be in education)
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must have a 21 ACT or equivalent (with a passing writing component OR passing score on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CASE) exam
Apply to Delta State University through the Office of Admissions.
- 30-33 hour program
- Prepares teachers to teach children with mild disabilities in inclusive K-12 settings
- Internship in inclusive special education setting required
- Coursework for endorsement in severe disabilities available
Vicki Jean Hartley, Ed. D.
Maud Kuykendall, Ed.D.
Cindy Casebeer, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Special Education Program Coordinator
Ewing Hall 384