The Master of Education degree in Elementary Education program is designed to prepare quality teachers who possess the knowledge, skills, and dispositions that enable them to deliver effective instruction at all levels of the elementary school.
Course content and practical learning experiences are balanced so that the educator receiving the degree has sound knowledge of the theoretical underpinnings of all facets of elementary education as well as the pedagogy that characterizes master elementary teachers.
Online delivery affords you the flexibility needed for advancing your career without interrupting your current work duties while engaging you in an online learning community that is rich in diverse teaching experiences. Advancing your degree is only a click away.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an institution fully accredited by one of the recognized accrediting agencies.
2. Overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of a minimum of 2.5, or 2.75 on the last 64 hours of required coursework.
3. Class A teaching certificate or its equivalent.
4. Satisfactory score on a nationally recognized, standardized test of verbal skills.
5. Evidence of a passing score on PRAXIS II, Elementary Education: Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment (K-5), or Elementary Education: Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment (4-8); or passing score on test in Elementary Education approved by Mississippi State Department of Education.
How to Apply for Graduation
Use the online application process to apply for graduation at least one semester prior to the semester of graduation. Paper applications are no longer accepted. Complete the process by going to the Registrar’s Office webpage.
Graduate students must have completed at least 18 earned credit hours (not including the current semester) in order to apply for graduation.