Designed to accommodate the working educator. Online flexibility for all candidates!
- 36 hour program, 12 courses
- All courses offered online
#1 – Produce graduates who are instructional leaders, act with integrity, are change agents, focus on continuous improvement, and engage the larger community.
#2 – To serve participating educational leaders by sharing academic resources, providing avenues of collaboration, and facilitating relevant research.
Required for admission
- Master’s degree in education or related field from a fully accredited institution
- Mississippi AA teaching certificate, or its equivalent
- Minimum 3.25 GPA on coursework completed for the master’s degree
- Two years of school-related work experience
A Graduate Course Transfer Approval Form may be needed for some students with previous coursework.
Program coursework provides the knowledge needed to pass the SLLA licensure exam. Standards from the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium are incorporated throughout the program. Hands-on experience and classes combine leadership theory and practice to prepare students for the industry.
To graduate from the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all program of study coursework
- Establish and maintain an adequate rating on the Professional Dispositions Rating Scale
- Successfully complete the comprehensive examination
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 GPA on program coursework