Requirements for Graduation
Degree Requirements. A candidate for the Master of Education degree in the College of Education and Human Sciences is required to meet the following:
1. Fulfill the general requirements for a graduate degree at Delta State University.
2. Complete graduate work consisting of core courses, major field hours and elective hours as specified. At least one half of major field courses must be at 600-level or higher.
3. Earn a grade point average of at least 3.0 in the major field and overall.
4. Earn a B average on the education core courses (ELR 605, EPY 601, and CUR 608).
5. Pass an oral and/or written examination in the candidate’s major field administered by a committee appointed by the division chair.
6. Optional. With the consent of the advisor, a candidate may elect to write a thesis for 6 semester hours of credit in the major field.