About Our E-Learning Program
Delta State University’s E-Learning program is an interactive system for delivering courses from Delta State University to K-12 schools. Courses are delivered through a synchronous, two-way, audio/video (internet based) system by Master Teachers who are fully certified in their subject areas by the Mississippi Department of Education.
Delta State currently operates four teaching studios. Policies and procedures are developed through a partnership between Mississippi Public Broadcasting, Delta State, and school district representatives.
The schools provide classroom space, e-mentors, on-site technical support, and textbooks. Delta State’s E-Learning program provides the teacher, technical assistance, and instructional support materials.
Components of the E-Learning Program include the following:
- Fully certified faculty providing instruction in courses
- Appropriate staff to ensure efficient operation and sufficient technology support
- State-of-the-art equipment for operations and broadcasts
- Training for Center faculty/staff and district personnel
- Collaborative structures to foster strong communication among districts, university personnel and staff
- Dual enrollment is offered to high school students who wish to earn college credit
- To offer the classes needed to meet college admissions requirements
- To provide school districts an opportunity to offer advanced electives and fine arts that they would otherwise not be able to offer due to lack of qualified personnel and financial limitations.
- To incorporate new technology into the everyday curriculum of the state’s high schools
- To encourage critical and individual thinking skills
- To foster strong communication among district
The E-learning Program currently offers Spanish I, Spanish II and Visual Arts I.
- Broad Street
- East Webster
- Hickory Flat
- Holmes County
- Humphreys County
- Jefferson County
- Madison S. Palmer
- Montgomery County
- Natchez Early College Academy
- Port Gibson
- Ray Brooks
- West Bolivar
- Wilkinson County