Graduate Business Programs
About the Program
The Master of Commercial Aviation program is a 30-credit hour degree program accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and offered entirely online; some students may not visit the campus until the graduation ceremony. This program is especially popular with professionals already established in aviation careers, since they can complete degree requirements on their own schedule. The purpose of the program is to provide students with a focused understanding of aviation concepts and operations. The program is oriented toward aviation management and aviation education.
Full admission to the Master of Commercial Aviation program is granted to an applicant who:
- Has earned a baccalaureate degree which is fully accredited by one of the recognized accrediting agencies, and meets all other requirements for admission to graduate school
- Has earned at least a 3.0 grade point average in the baccalaureate degree
Provisional admission may be afforded a student who does not have a 3.0 overall undergraduate quality point average or an undergraduate aviation core quality point average. Full admission is generally granted upon completion of 9 hours with a quality point average of 3.0; students may not exceed 9 hours of graduate credit when provisional in status.
Students may be granted non-degree admission if they have not been granted full or provisional admission. They are admitted with non-degree watch-care status to improve credentials and to meet full admission requirements. Not more than 9 semester hours earned while in non-degree status may be applied to the Master of Commercial Aviation degree. The grades earned while in the non-degree status must be B (3.0 GPA) or better.
Total required credit hours: 30 hours
- CAV 605: Methods of Research & Statistics (3 hours)
- CAV 610: Advanced Human Factors in Aviation & the Aerospace Industry (3 hours)
- CAV 620: Airline Management (3 hours)
- CAV 630: Aviation’s Regulatory Environment (3 hours)
- CAV 640: Airport Planning, Development, & Operation (3 hours)
- CAV 650: Fixed Base Operations (3 hours)
- CAV 660: Advanced Aviation Safety (3 hours)
- CAV 670: Air Cargo & Logistics Management (3 hours)
- CAV 680: Advanced Transportation Systems (3 hours)
- CAV 690: Special Topics in Aviation Business Administration (3 hours)
A candidate for the Master of Commercial Aviation degree must:
- Fulfill the general requirements for a graduate degree at Delta State University
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate credits in core courses in aviation (comparable course in statistics from an accredited graduate program may be substituted for CAV605)
- Earn a grade point average of at least 3.0 in the major field and overall
*Note: A thesis is not required for a Master of Commercial Aviation.