Companies count on logistics experts—one of the fastest-growing professions in the world—to get their products to customers on time and on budget. The Bachelor of Commercial Aviation (BCA) in Logistics is a 124-credit-hour degree program designed to prepare students for a career in the fields of logistics and supply chain management.
In 2017, Delta State University entered into an academic partnership with APICS, a known leading provider of research, education and certification programs focused on supply chain, logistics and operations management, to begin offering a path for undergraduate BCA Logistics majors to earn APICS CLTD and CPIM certifications by integrating APICS curriculum into the Bachelor of Commercial Aviation Logistics coursework. By earning both the APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) and the APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) designation, students learn how to implement innovative logistics strategies and concepts to reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction and perform at a higher level. Earning these credential will help students:
- Master the knowledge most important to expert logistics professionals as identified by current APICS Global Job Task Analysis research.
- Expand their outlook on the logistics, transportation and distribution management field and bring new ideas to your workplace, while remaining current with trends and developments.
- Stand out from other candidates in a job search.
- Demonstrate their long-term commitment to the profession.
- Prepare for graduate level education in business management, operations research, and supply chain management.
Class of 2020
“Delta State provides a well rounded logistics management education by mixing fundamental supply chain management and operations management theory with the applied skills that employers seek. I look forward to earning APICS professional certifications as part of my course work.”
Class of 2018
“Internship opportunities through Delta State University have provided me with valuable work experience and a competitive skill-set. I am proud to be graduating with both a BCA in Aviation Management and Logistics, and I look forward to a career in the growing field of logistics and supply chain management.”