Program Education Goals
- The Flight Operations degree provides students with the knowledge and skills to pursue a professional pilot career.
- Through a combination of classroom and flight training, a student majoring in Flight Operations will acquire the following certificates and ratings: Private Pilot Instrument Multi-engine, Commercial, Certified Flight Instructor, and Certified Instrument Flight Instructor
- The Aviation Management Degree prepares students for supervisory and managerial responsibilities at all levels in the aviation sector including with airlines, corporations, and the military and careers in the field of logistics and supply change management.
- Training for both majors culminates in a Bachelor of Commercial Aviation degree within 4 years.
The Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI) is a nonprofit organization that sets standards for AABI-accredited aerospace programs taught in colleges and universities in the United States and around the world. Designed by educators, industry and the FAA, AABI judges the quality of aviation education courses and support programs. Members of AABI are educators, customers, employees, regulators, manufacturers, research firms and advocates.
The Mission of Delta State University:
As a regional Carnegie Master’s I university located in Cleveland, Mississippi, Delta State University serves as an educational and cultural center for the Mississippi Delta, emphasizing service to the Delta and contiguous counties in traditional and distance education formats. The University offers undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs of study leading to baccalaureate and master’s degrees in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business and Aviation, Education and Human Sciences, and the School of Nursing, as well as the Educational Specialist degree and Doctorates in Education and Nursing Practice. Emphasis is placed on excellence in instruction, followed by service and research, in the creation of a community of scholars. With special attention to small classes, a friendly environment, and a broad liberal arts foundation, the University encourages significant student-faculty interactions. Delta State provides programs and services that promote intellectual, cultural, ethical, physical, and social development. Students from different cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds will develop the ability to respect and value others; to develop, assess, and express their own thoughts effectively; and, to use the techniques of research and performance associated with their disciplines.
|Department of Commercial
|Department of Commercial Aviation
Program Educational Goals
|Department of Commercial Aviation
Program Educational Learning Outcomes
|The Department of Commercial Aviation’s mission is to provide a quality educational experience at the undergraduate and graduate level in the aviation sector. Graduates of this program will have the skills to perform in flight crews and executive with supervisory and managerial responsibilities at all levels.||Flight Operations
The Flight Operations Degree provides students with the knowledge and skills to pursue a professional pilot career.
|1. Flight Operations majors will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to fly an airplane at the commercial pilot skill level in both single and multi-engine airplanes under both VFR and IFR.
2. Flight Operation majors will have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of federal aviation regulations.
3. Flight Operation majors will possess appropriate technical communications skills for the aviation industry.
The Aviation Management Degree prepares students for supervisory and managerial responsibilities at all levels in the aviation field including the airlines, corporations, and military aviation.
Training culminates in a Bachelor of Commercial Aviation degree within 4 years.
|1.Aviation Management majors will have a thorough and comprehensive understanding of federal aviation regulations.
2. Aviation Management majors will demonstrate a broad understanding of the aerospace industry.
3. Aviation Management majors will demonstrate knowledge of the skills, techniques and procedures for maintaining airports, airlines, government, non-governmental and general aviation.