Full admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program may be granted to an applicant who:
1. Has earned a baccalaureate degree which is fully accredited by one of the recognized accrediting agencies, and meets all other requirements for admission to Graduate School;
2. Has completed the 30 semester hours of MBA prerequisites consisting of the following:
- Financial Accounting I
- Managerial Accounting
- Microcomputer Application
- Management Principles
- Business Finance
- Marketing Principles
- Legal Environment of Business/Business Law
3. Undergraduate grades and score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) must meet the following minimums:
Option A: GMAT score + (200 X undergraduate G.P.A.*) > or = 950
Option B: GMAT score + (200 X upper level G.P.A.*) > or = 1000
*Scale of 4.00
4. Has on file a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score
(NOTE: The GMAT score and undergraduate transcript evaluation may be used to modify the Program of Study to address areas of weakness. Students earning GMAT quantitative scores below the 50th percentile will be required to take MGT 555-Business Quantitative Skills and earn a minimum grade of "B". Students not earning at least a "B" in MGT 555 will be required to take MAT 203-Business Calculus and/or MAT 104 – College Algebra and earn at least a "B".)
5. Has demonstrated writing proficiency as evidenced by scores on the GMAT Analytical Writing component or the Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP) Writing Essay Test.
(NOTE: Students scoring below 3.5 on the GMAT Analytical Writing component or 3.0 on the CAAP Writing Essay will be required to take OAD 600 — Managerial Communication.)
6. Has no more than two prerequisite undergraduate courses outstanding.
Provisional Admission. Applications for students 1) whose composite scores are below the required level as specified above, and 2) lacking not more than two of the prerequisite courses as specified above, are forwarded to the Business Graduate Programs Committee for an admission recommendation. Applicants may be admitted provisionally if they have a minimum composite score of 900 and/or upper division composite score of 950; or if the GMAT has not been taken, the applicant must have a 3.0 undergraduate G.P.A.. Provisional students must make a minimum 400 score on the GMAT before entering the second semester of their program.
The applicant may not exceed 9 hours of graduate credit in the provisional status and may not enroll in any additional graduate courses. The applicant must earn at least a "B" in each of the courses to be removed from provisional status.