B.F. Smith Scholars Program
The B.F. Smith Scholars Program consists of graduate assistantships for students. The graduate assistantships may be awarded to students with a record of academic achievement and commitment to the Delta region for pursuit of a degree related to the field of Community & Economic Development, such as Community Development, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, or Public Administration. Previous awards have been $5,000 per semester.
WHO CAN APPLY
Students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum overall undergraduate G.P.A. of 3.25. The recipient cannot be employed full-time outside the Univeristy during this time period.
- Recipients will be expected to engage in real-world learning opportunities.
- Work 20 hours per week
- Produce a final report
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, students must submit the documents listed below to
Dr. Beverly Moon – Graduate Studies Office – 239 Kent Wyatt Hall -Cleveland, MS 38733
- Graduate School Application
- An official undergraduate transcript
- A cover letter outlining the applicants qualifications
- The name, title, address, and phone number of at least three references, and
- A written statement describing why the candidate wishes to become a B.F. Smith Scholar and how the program can lead to career success, preferably in the Mississippi Delta.