Division of Biological and Physical Sciences
The Roy L. and Clara Belle Wiley Planetarium



planetrium logo

The Roy L. and Clara Belle Wiley Planetarium is located in Walters Hall on the Delta State University campus in Cleveland. It was founded in 1976 and is named for Mr. Roy Lee Wiley and his wife. The planetarium is used for university astronomy classes and also presents special programs for schools and the general public.

Mr. Wiley taught physics at Delta State from 1942 to 1975. He was known as a challenging teacher whose keen mind set a rapid pace for his students as he expertly and nimbly explained the intricacies of complex problems. Mr. Wiley celebrated his 101st birthday in 2008.


Director:

Dr. Alina Gabryszewska-Kukawa

Phone:

662-846-4478 FAX: 662-846-4798

E-mail:

akukawa@deltastate.edu

Roy Wiley
Roy L. Wiley


More information on planetarium events and programs

Planets



DSU Sciences Home | Division News | Faculty | Degree Programs | Pre-health Programs | Course Descriptions 
Scholarships | Faculty | Student Resources | Caylor-White-Walters Renovation | Center for Science and Environmental Education 
Elliott Program of Excellence  | Alpha Epsilon Delta | Beta Beta Beta | American Chemical Society 


Delta State University > Arts and Sciences > DSU Sciences > Wiley Planetarium

Division of Biological and Physical Sciences
Delta State University, Cleveland, MS 38733

This page is maintained by John Tiftickjian
and was last modified May 18, 2011


Print Friendly