CALL FOR ENTRIES
Delta State University Annual Juried Student Exhibition Exhibition Guidelines
Delta State University’s Annual Juried Student Exhibition highlights the artistic production of its students. The exhibition provides students with an opportunity to gain professional experiences by preparing work for exhibition and submitting it to a jury process. Students submitting work are also eligible to winning prizes in a variety of categories. Last year over $4000 in prize money was awarded. Submissions in all media – 2-D and 3-D, video, installations, and more – following the exhibition guidelines will be considered.
The Annual Juried Student Exhibition will run from March 8 to April 19, 2018.
Submissions are due on Thursday, March 1, by 5:00 pm.
Awards will be announced at the opening reception on Thursday, March 8, 2018.
This year’s juror is Nathan Pietrykowski, an independent printmaker who has shown his work nationally and internationally in over 60 exhibitions.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- All Delta State University students who are currently enrolled in art classes or have been enrolled in art classes between spring 2017 and spring 2018.
- Work must have been produced between spring 2017 and spring 2018.
- Works previously submitted to the Annual Juried Student Exhibition and work produced at another school are not eligible.
- Work must remain on view in Wright Art Center Gallery for the entire duration of the exhibition.
Artwork in all media –2-D and 3-D, video, installations, and more – are eligible. The entrant is responsible for delivery and pick-up of the work (see below for dates). All accepted entries must be properly labeled with the artist’s name, the work’s title and date, price or NFS (not for sale) and installation instructions, if applicable. All accepted entries must be ready to be hung or installed:
- 2-D works on paper must be matted so that they can be pinned to the wall or
- mounted under glass with all appropriate hardware to hang,
- paintings must have all appropriate hardware to hang.
- 3-D works must be able to stand on their own or be mounted on a stand.
- Artists submitting digital or video work must provide all necessary equipment to display the work such as DVD players and video monitors – we do have two TV/DVD combos available – or video projectors and be present for the installation.
- Work that is not ready to be hung or installed will be disqualified.
- Maximum size: 72” in any direction, 150 lb.
- Submit your entry here between February 15 and March 1.
- All work is due in the Wright Art Center Gallery on Thursday, March 1, 2018, by 5:00 pm.
- Make sure to clearly label all work on the back with your name, the title, year before you bring it to the gallery.
- Images of any accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of Wright Art Center Gallery for promotional purposes including but not limited to invitations, publicity, Delta State University Art Department web site and Facebook page, or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attributions.
- Submission deadline is Thursday, Thursday, March 1, 2018 by 5:00 pm..
- Entrants will be notified via email of their acceptance March 4, 2018.
- All work not accepted into the exhibition has to be picked up by Tuesday, 6, 2018, 5:00 pm.
- The opening reception and announcement of prizes will be held Thursday, March 8, 2018 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
- All exhibited works have to be picked up on on Friday, April 20 or Monday, April 23, by 5:00 pm. Work that is left at the Wright Art Center Gallery for more than one week will be discarded or become the property of Delta State University.
- If you are mailing your work, include a UPS or FedEX return shipping label.
Promotion This exhibition will be promoted through mail-outs, announcements on our web site and Facebook page, through area art organizations, and area media. A selection of works will be included in a press release sent to local papers and posted online.
Sales Although works exhibited in the Annual Juried Student Exhibition do not have to be for sale, sales are encouraged as some of the prizes are purchase prizes. Purchase prizes usually are $500 or less.
Helpful Tips for Entering Art Shows, Juried Exhibitions & Competitions for Artists can be found at http://www.artshow.com/juriedshows/entering.html.
For questions about submissions contact email@example.com.
Click here to go to the online submission form.