1. To obtain the abstracting and publication instruction/agreement form, contact:
Acquisitions & Accounting Coordinator
Her office is located in the Technical Services section of the Roberts-LaForge Library.
2. Copies of your dissertation must be made on acid-free bond paper which is available at the DSU Bookstore.
3. Five (5) signed copies of your dissertation should be delivered to the Acquisitions & Accounting Coordinator at the Roberts-LaForge Library. One copy serves as the permanent record of your work and is placed in the University Archives. The second copy is placed in the library and is made available for others to use. The third copy is placed in the College of Education. The fourth copy is for the dissertation chair. The fifth copy remains unbound and is sent to UMI Dissertation Publishing where it will be microfilmed and the abstract will be added to Dissertation Abstracts.
4. Four of the five copies submitted will be bound. There is a $16 per copy charge for binding. You may also have additional copies bound for your own use at the same price.
5. The cost to submit your dissertation to UMI Dissertation Publishing is $65 and $55 for Thesis.
6. While copyright law provides for copyright privileges to reside with you immediately upon creation of your work, registration with the Library of Congress Copyright Office establishes a public record of your work and confers additional legal rights. You have the option to apply for copyright registration through UMI Dissertation Publishing / ProQuest Information and Learning Company. The cost for this optional service is $55.
7. All fees associated with the submission of your dissertation must be paid at the DSU Student Business Service Office. They will provide a receipt which should accompany the submission of your five dissertation copies to the Acquisitions & Accounting Coordinator at the Roberts-LaForge Library.
Binding (per copy, four required) $16.00
Copyright Service Fee (optional) $55.00
UMI Publishing Service Fee (required) $65.00
UMI Publishing Service Fee for Master Thesis (required) $55.00