The Blended Teacher’s Academy (BTA) was designed specifically as a professional development opportunity for instructors who blend face-to-face instruction with online activity outside of the traditional classroom. We understand that teachers who create blended courses have different needs from those instructors who teach fully online.
This in mind, participants in the Blended Teacher’s Academy will be able to:
- Understand their role in the development of a virtual learning environment
- Prepare to move forward in using technology to create long-term sustainable course materials
- Develop effective strategies to enhance face-to-face instruction
- Implement essential components and best practices with their online learning spaces
The Academy will consist of six sequential learning modules which are delivered in 30-minute sessions that can be completed over the course of two weeks. Participants must complete all six sessions, pass a comprehensive exam with 80% or better, and demonstrate competency in the development of a Canvas course template that exhibits best practices in order to graduate. Those who graduate from BTA will earn a Certificate to be displayed in their tenure portfolios.
In addition, graduates will come away with:
- A Blended Teacher’s Toolkit
- A quality checklist for virtual learning space development
- Strategies to improve student interaction and engagement
BTA participants will form a cohort to share in classroom experiences and foster collaboration among instructors. A new cohort is formed in the following months: September, October, February, and April. All sessions to be held in Bailey Hall, RM 114. Space is limited, so register quickly when sessions become available.
Session 1 – Introduction to Blended Learning
Monday, April 14 3:00pm
Session 2 - Unlocking Course Potential with Canvas Wikis
Wednesday, April 16 3:00pm
Session 3 – Aligning Technology with Course Objectives
Thursday, April 17 3:00pm
Session 4 – Using Canvas Tools to Foster Student Engagement
Monday, April 21 3:00pm
Session 5 – Adding Value with Online Assignment Submissions
Wednesday, April 23 3:00pm
Session 6 – Integrating Activity Assessment & Evaluations
Thursday, April 24 3:00pm
Registration for the month of April is now closed.