- To aid staff members in reaching their educational goals by off-setting the expense of textbooks
- To provide staff members the opportunity to participate in an education degree program
- To enhance personal and professional development
- To enable staff to function at their highest level of competence
- To provide funding for staff development
Description of Program:
- Up to five (5) one-hundred dollar ($100) awards will be made available to qualified staff members during the fall and spring semesters for purchase of textbooks at the Delta State University Bookstore.
- Qualified staff members must meet the criteria listed below.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Applicants must be regular, full-time staff employees (50% time or greater and whose position is expected to be active for more than four and one-half months).
- Eligibility begins on the first day of the applicant’s regular employment.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a for-credit course offered by Delta State University. This program excludes non-credit correspondence courses, short courses, workshops or institutes.
- While all staff members are encouraged to apply, priority will be given to individuals who have not previously received the award and whose annual salary is $35,000 or less. From this group, the loans will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Failure to complete a course with a passing grade will result in ineligibility to apply for the program the following term.
- Applications may be obtained from Staff Council’s Salaries and Benefits Committee Chair, Jordan Thomas (Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni-Foundation House).
- Application availability and deadlines will follow this schedule:
Application Due: August 21
Scholarship Award: August 22
- Completed applications must be mailed, faxed or emailed to the Staff Council’s Salaries and Benefits Committee Chair, Jordan Thomas (Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni-Foundation House) no later than 5:00 pm on the due date.
Applicant information will be verified, and the loan will be awarded based on the above criteria.