Long Distance Services
Rates Per Minute
- 8 AM to 10 PM 15¢ per minute
- 10 PM to AM 10¢ per minute
- Holidays 10¢ per minute
- Weekends 10¢ per minute
International calling rates may vary according to the country called. Please contact the OIT Telecommunications Office for a specific international rate.
A request for a personal long distance authorization code should be made in person at the OIT Telecommunications Office. This code authorizes the user to place long distance telephone calls from campus. A campus ID card is required. A long distance code request form is available on our site, or can be filled out at the time of request. In most cases the code can be activated the same business day.
- Department Long Distance Access Code Application Form – Use this form to apply for a long distant access code to be used, departmentally.
- Personal Faculty/Staff Long Distance Access Code Application Form – Use this form to apply for a long distant access code to be used, individually or for a specific individual.
- Student Long Distance Access Code Application Form – Use this form to apply for a student long distant code.
All long distance charges will be billed to the individual on the 24th of each month. A billing statement of the detailed charges will be sent to the campus P.O. Box number of that faculty or staff members department. Payment of the total bill is expected by the 10th of the following month. Payment can be made in person or by campus mail to DSU Box 3123.
Termination of Service
To turn off a personal long distance code, please come to the OIT Telecommunications Office. Payment of the remaining balance must be paid at that time. Additional charges that do not appear on the account at that time will be forwarded to the new address provided, and payment will be expected by the 10th of the following month.